The Open Discovery of STEM Laboratories project aims to equip European school teachers to use micro-MOOC (Massive Open Online Courses/Content) – an innovative approach for deploying STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) laboratories. By applying these to everyday teaching practices, ODLab aims to strengthen the profile of the teaching profession.
1. Establish a MOOC platform comprising a collection of micro-MOOCs, learning scenarios, open education resources (OER), and STEM laboratories.
2. Embed STEM micro-MOOCs in school curricula.
3. Disseminate micro-MOOCs with STEM labs to a wide range of EU audiences.
STEM SCHOOL TEACHERS
- Improvement of digital skills and competencies, increasing professional development.
- Guidelines and instructions for implementing STEM labs in class instruction and embedding the MOOC concept in school environments.
- Compentencies and understanding of the implementation of micro-MOOC.
- Experience with international collaborative work.
- Access to creative and attractive OERs in national languages.
- Access to powerful analytics to evaluate students’ achievements.
- Competencies to employ innovative methodology (MOOC) and instruments (STEM Labs) to design creative lessons plans.
- Opportunity to bring transnational components in future teaching.
- Access to OERs in national languages.
SCHOOL STUDENTS (12-18 years)
- Use in classroom under direct teacher instruction.
- Use in home education or during sick leave with teacher/parental support.
- An increase in interest in STEM study.
- Development of specific scientific, technological (STEM) and digital (ICT) competences and basic skills.
- Ability to solve real-life problems by working in STEM labs.
- Instruction and curricula designers, decision-makers of educational departments at local, regional and national levels, trainers of VET institutions
- Unique, innovative school MOOC methodology complemented by online laboratories that improve students’ performance and enhance educational practices and techniques.